Exalt Christ and Glorify God
Our primary method is the promotion of prayer and prayer ministries. Our goal is to be used of God to participate in bringing about much needed revival, renewal, and genuine biblical spiritual awakening in our state and across the nation.
"If my people, which are
called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and
turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive
their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
By God's grace, Lift Up USA Ministries will accomplish its mission by prayer and:
(1) Promoting prayer as indispensible and essential to a godly life well pleasing unto God. "...men ought always to pray, and not to faint." Luke 18:1b
(2) Promoting and mobilizing intercessory prayer for "all."
"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men." 1Timothy 2:1, and especially for pastors and other Christian leaders. Paul writes, in 1 Thessalonians 5:25, "Brethren, pray for us." Therefore, we "Lift them up in prayer."
(3) Promoting and mobilizing prayer for "all who are in authority" over us. Therefore, we make supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, for our president, for the U. S. Supreme Court, The Congress, and "For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." 1 Timothy 2:2
(4) Encouraging pastors and others in key leadership positions of Christian ministries. "Lift them up with encouragement."
1. Research and selection of
appropriate materials (regarding prayer, revival, etc.) to accomplish our
2. Dissemination of this information, largely through e-mail and the Internet.
3. Communication on a regular basis to encourage pastors and churches to promote prayer.
4. Mailings regarding special concerns of a national nature which call for prayer.
BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST,
PLEASE PRAY FOR US, THAT WE MAY
We desire to unite true and faithful followers of Christ in prayer for a revival of holiness and holy living, both so essential for pleasing God. We provide links to web sites/pages that we believe to be helpful in fulfilling our mission. These links cross denominational lines and you may find various theological perspectives/doctrines at them. If we were to eliminate all who differ with us theologically in the interest of total "purity," as some apparently have, much valuable material would also be omitted. We do avoid those who propagate dangerous heresy or false doctrine according to our understanding of the scriptures. Our advice is to know and search the scriptures. Our sincere prayer is that you allow God's Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth, granting you mature, discerning judgment, and a passion to obey Him.
Two main theological streams are Calvinism/Reformed Theology and Arminianism. Personally, I have found Calvary Chapel's Chuck Smith's writing on this subject helpful, especially Section 3, and recommend that you read it. Thank you!
Let us seek to obey that great commandment of Jesus, so simple yet profound, "Love one another."
"A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." John 13:34
If we find obedience difficult, let us seek Him until He empowers us to do so.
Let us desire to be known as His charitable disciples. Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John 13:35. Have we this evidence? Let us not "bite and devour one another" while the lost around us are perishing!
God bless and guide you. - Miles Bennett
Lift Up USA Ministries original Home Page "Lift Up Ministries" is now "Lift Up USA"
Arminianism, and the Word of God, Writings by Chuck Smith,